Tuesday, March 18th, 2014
From the Rochester Swim Club Board of Directors:
Monday night, the Rochester City Council approved the additional $2.3M funding grant for the Senior Community Center / Recreational Center Renovation. We, and several other groups, are very pleased that our civic leaders recognized this project as a much needed investment in our community that will benefit so many for years to come.
As you may know, from the time the 0.5% sales tax extension was passed in November of 2012 to present, those planning the Senior Center, as well as those planning the Rec Center renovation, have taken great measures to be fiscally accommodating. The ideal project budget was pared down by over $10M to $22.3M. But, the city’s original approval for $20M left a $2.3M shortfall in the proper funding required for the entire project. Last night, the city leadership rewarded the project leaders' exceptional fiscal responsibility and recognized the project couldn't proceed without the additional $2.3M.
The Orcas are pleased to announce a fundraiser we are hosting along with the Cyclones Triathlon Team this spring.
Date: May 10, 2014
Location: Starting from the Rec Center and following the running trails along the beautiful scenery of the Zumbro River.
- All proceeds from the race will go to the Cyclones Triathlon Team and the Orcas Swim Team
- The race will be chipped timed
- All participants will receive a custom ROC Classic T-shirt and ROC Classic finishers medal
- Gift card prizes will be given to overall top 3 male and female participants
- Raffle prizes will be given away during the post race from select sponsors
- Register now to get the early bird price of $30
Register at https://tritonevents.webconnex.com/rocclassic5k